April 27 – May 3, 2020
When you visit our stores, you will notice that our associates are now wearing face masks. It is highly recommended by the CDC to wear cloth face coverings while in public places. We would like to ask our customers to also wear masks, if possible, when shopping in our stores.
Social Distancing Shopping Tips
- Allow 6 feet of space between our associates and other shoppers, 6 feet is equal to 2 carts.
- If an associate is stocking an item you would like to purchase, please let them know so we can maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Avoid socializing at the store, greet others with a hello and a simple wave rather than a handshake.
- Limit one shopper per household, when possible, to avoid too many people at the grocery store.
- Plan your shopping trip in advance – make a list and think about alternatives for potential out of stocks.
- Limit touching items unless you plan on buying them.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- The CDC recommends wearing face masks when out in public, this helps in keeping our associates and other shoppers safe.
- Follow all in store signage on social distancing recommendations, including decals at checkout and in the aisles.
- From 7-8 AM, we would like to reserve our stores for the more at risk customers. Gwinner, ND will offer an hour from 8:30-9:30 AM. We ask that all other customers please respect this time and shop during our regular business hours, which will resume at 8 AM.
April 6-12, 2020
When you visit our stores this week you will notice the new floor decals on guidance through the checkout process. This will help you maintain social distancing through the checkout process.
- Unload & Wait
- Bag & Wait
- Pay & Exit
March 30-April 5, 2020
Reminder on Social Distancing in the Store
- Allow 6 feet of distance between our associates and other shoppers.
- Avoid socializing at the store, greeting others with a hello and simple wave rather than a handshake.
March 23-29, 2020
Practicing Social Distancing in the Store
We are promoting safety through social distancing using the following techniques.
- Signs and guidance for customers and associates to stay 6 feet or 2 carts apart while shopping and in line.
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at all check stands.
- Closing all deli seating areas.
Temporary Return Policy Update
We have temporarily updated our return policy and will not be accepting returns on non-perishable items at this time. Because we cannot trace what these items have come into contact with after leaving our stores, we cannot accept them back once they leave. If there are quality concerns, we will happily exchange any perishable or produce items.
March 24, 2020
To Our Valued Customers:
Due to the unprecedented events and demand related to COVID-19, we have information we would like to share with all our customers:
We have adjusted our store hours to 7am-8pm to allow our stores additional time to stock our shelves, deep clean & sanitize and also for our associates to get some rest. Additionally, on March 18th, we started offering a designated shopping time for those customers more at risk to illness. This includes the elderly, expectant mothers, and those with other medical conditions that increase susceptibility to COVID-19. From 7-8 AM, we would like to reserve our stores for these more at risk customers. We ask that all other customers please respect this time and shop during our regular business hours, which will resume at 8AM.
Due to high demand on several items and no guarantee of receiving product, we will not be running a weekly ad starting March 30, 2020 until further notice. Please know we are working on alternative ways to offer savings and deals to our communities and loyal customers. When you visit our stores, look for an In-Store Special flyer that will highlight special deals. As soon as our suppliers and vendors get replenished and can guarantee product, we will resume print ads immediately.
We would like to sincerely thank all of our associates on the front lines. They have been working hard to restock our shelves and to provide a safe place to shop and work. Their commitment to serving our communities is unwavering.
Thank you to our customers for your support, patience and understanding as we navigate this uncertain time.
Please stay safe and healthy,
The Teal Family
March 16-22, 2020
Designated Shopping Hour for At Risk Customers
Starting March 18, 2020, we will be offering a designated shopping time for those customers more at risk to illness. This includes the elderly, expectant mothers, and those with other medical conditions that increase susceptibility to COVID-19.
From 7-8 AM, we would like to reserve our stores for these more at risk customers. Gwinner, ND will offer an hour from 8:30-9:30 AM. We ask that all other customers please respect this time and shop during our regular business hours, which will resume at 8 AM.
We Are Hiring
Due to the unprecedented events related to COVID-19, we recognize that there are those in our communities who have been displaced from their jobs. We are hiring during these times and would love to see if we can be a good fit.
If interested, see a store manager or pick up an application at our customer service counter.
Advertised Out of Stock Items
Due to the unprecedented events and demand related to COVID-19, there may be some advertised items that you are not able to find on the shelf. Without knowing when we will be able to get these items in, we are not able to offer rainchecks at this time. We will continue to search for the best deals we can get for our community and our customers during these challenging times.
If you see that we are out of stock on something, please bear with us and know that we are working as hard as we can to replenish our shelves.